Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gorilla on a motorcycle? Gorilla on a motorcycle.

I just had to post this picture:

This photo was taken in Esteli, in Northern Nicaragua, where I went after dropping Lene off in Managua.  I was walking around town looking for something to do when I heard a bunch of motorcycles coming around the corner.  I guess they were having a parade of some sorts and there were even some young kids driving miniature motorcycles.  Towards the end of the parade I did a double take and had just enough time to snap the above picture.  I just have to say that I really approve of that guy's decision to dress up in a Gorilla suit and drive his motorcycle around.  It also seems kind of strange that the guy sitting behind him is not dressed up at all, almost as if it's just a normal day for him.
Central Plaza in Esteli

I ended up not liking Estel too much and left for Leòn a couple days later but it was worth the trip just to get that picture.  I'm here in Leòn for two weeks now and taking four hours of private lessons a day.  After that it's back to the states and then onto Alaska.

More of the motorcycle parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment