Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Onward to Central America

Our flight to Nicaragua leaves early tomorrow morning and I'm finally all packed up.  It's been great being at home the last few weeks, though the highlight was definitely Lisa and Daniel's wedding.  Everything went smoothly and everyone had an incredible time.  The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was the stuff of legends.  Amazing food, drinks and people mixed with a great band and a stunning venue made the reception unforgettable (though things did get hazy at the hotel W immediately after).

It was also great to finally meet all of the other Groomsmen and Daniel's family after hearing so much about them all.  My only regret is that I didn't have the chance to spend more time with them over the few days that everyone was in town.  It's hard to believe that our family has grown and that I now have a brother.  Lisa and Daniel, I wish you all the happiness in the world and I promise I'll come see your new house someday.

This blog has been mostly neglected since my return to D.C. and I'm sorry for that.  I certainly can't say there was a lack of things to write about,  I can only say I'll try to be more diligent going forwards.  But now it's time to sign off; I have full backpack and an alarm set for 4am.

No comments:

Post a Comment